All of the recent changes in the past years of the Israeli standards were made in an attempt to meet the stricter standards of the European market.
The testing covers:
- the functionality of the products.
- the safety of the products.
- the physical and sanitatary health of the products.
4. the testing requirements to meet global standards.
Download the testing certificates in pdf format:
- Certificate 1
- Certificate 2
- ISO 9001
The following is a list of all the relevant certifications and their status:
- IS146 – Standing WC's and Hanging WC's with concealed cisterns
- IS239 – Bath basins from vitreous china
- IS972 – Kitchen sinks from fireclay
- IS1385 – WC's with built-in cisterns
- IS851 – Plastic Cisterns
- IS1172 – Different types of toilet seats
- Official standard – Required standard
- Non-official standard – Not required
- Official standard as per paragraphs
Standard mark (Hamat) or adjustment only (importer) for WC:
- Since the standard for WC's is an official standard (and a requirement), the importers are also required to meet this standard
- Unlike Hamat, the importers are not required to test their products.
- Examples of the paragraphs that importers are not required to test are: quality of the raw material, staining, thermal shock and distortion.
- Examples of the paragraphs that importers are required to test are: dimensions, flush, and cleaning capacity.
Standards documents that can be seen in pdf format:
- 51737 – Sanitary ware
- 821 – Kitchen sinks
- 714 – Bath basins
- 320 – WC's
- 29870 – Alpha monobloc 323
- 29871 – Golan monobloc 335
- 29872 - http://hamat.co.il/public/uploads/productFamiliesCollections/29872.pdf
Carmel monobloc 327